Solved

Private Pipeline

• 11 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m looking to make a pipeline totally private that I can use to track leads, conversations, etc., without bothering the rest of the team. I don’t want it to show up in their list of pipelines...and I don’t want it to update our Slack channel.

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 12 April 2023, 17:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Befort3, thanks for posting! It’s possible to “hide” a Pipeline from non-admin users using the Teams feature. I’ll put some steps below, but you can find the full info on that at this article.

To use Teams to block a Pipeline:

1. Create that Pipeline
  2. Go to Settings > Teams > Visibility & Permissions.
  3. Enable Team Permissions (top right corner)
  4. Create a new Team, and click View on that Team
  5. Add your users to that Team
  6. Go to the Access & Visibility tab. Find the pipeline you’d like to hide and then un-check the checkbox under the Access column.
In this example, the users on this Team can access the Sales Pipeline but not the Admissions Pipeline.

Once you set that up, that Pipeline won’t show up on the list of Pipelines for those users.

As for the Slack notifications, it depends on how those notifications are generated. If you’re using our native Slack integration, you won’t be able to disable notifications for just that Pipeline. If the notifications are triggering by a Zapier integration, then you can add a filtering step to the Zap that says: do not proceed if the Opportunity is in the Admissions Pipeline.

Hope that helps!

Super helpful! Thank you so much and wonderful solutions!