Solved

Email visibility / privacy

• 20 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all!

My team and I are struggling with the “Individual Email Visibility Control” setting. Either all emails are public, which we definitely don't want because that means I could see all emails to and from my colleagues, including internal and private emails. Or all emails are private, which is what we have now, but that means opening every email to and from (potential) customers manually, and there are dozens of them every day. Is there a solution for this? Or can a less all-or-nothing feature be developed?

Kind regards,
Jesper Doorn

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 20 September 2022, 20:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @JesperCCmath, thanks for posting! I’d like to clarify one point:

[If emails are public then] I could see all emails to and from my colleagues, including internal and private emails.

Not quite - we have some mechanisms in place to prevent internal emails from being logged. There are four criteria that must be met for an email to be synced into Copper:

1. You are using Gmail and our Google Workspace sync, and
  2. The other party is a Contact in Copper, and
  3. The other party is not also a Copper user, and
  4. The other party’s email domain does not match your company’s email domain or the email domain belonging to any other user.

To elaborate on the last point - let’s say I send an email from michelle@abcorp.com to chris@abcorp.com. Since we both have @abcorp.com in our email addresses, the email I send will not sync into Copper.

Basically, this means you if you are emailing with your colleague, it will not show up in Copper.

With that knowledge, I would recommend you leave your emails visible so that emails to/from your prospects/customers can be automatically logged.

Let me know if that addresses your concern. Thanks Jesper!