Question

Triggering on No (null) Inactive Days

• 13 July 2023
  • 6 replies

I created a workflow automation that should trigger on any person who does not have inactive days. These are people who were mass imported, and the sales team should get a task to reach out to them.

Here are my conditions:

It’s set up to create tasks, but it never does. I’m confident that the inactive days condition is what isn’t being met. If I pull that condition out it will create the tasks. Based on my reading of the documentation, using Use a Formula and NULL (all caps) is the right way to do it.

Thanks in advance.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @RobertMpls, thanks for posting! I looked into what that automation rule looks like on the back end, I spoke to a colleague, and I also spoke to an engineer. We suspect there’s a nuance in how the NULL variable functions in this context. That engineer is gonna look further into it tomorrow. I’ll post an update when I hear back. Thank you for your patience!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@RobertMpls just heard back - our engineer did a tweak that should hopefully make the NULL work for your workflow automation. 🙌 We can’t test “check once a day” automations on-demand, so could you do me a favour and check if those Tasks get created in the next couple of days? We’d really appreciate it!

Amazing!

I’ll let you know if it works.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Perfect, thanks @RobertMpls and have a great weekend!

It worked. Thanks for all your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@RobertMpls fantastic!!! Glad we could help. 🙂