Solved

How do I have Opportunities "inherit" tags from the related people?

• 22 June 2023
  • 2 replies

We recently held an event that had over 100 attendees. I have added as specific tag to all of these attendees into copper on their People record. Some of those people records are related to Opportunities in my Pipeline and I want to add the tag for this event to the opportunities. Is there an easy way to have the Opportunity record “inherit” the tags from the people record(s) that are related to it? I didnt see a straight-forward way to do this via a workflow but perhaps I am missing something? I know I can manually go to each opportunity and add in the Tag but I am hoping there is a fast, easier, more automated way to accomplish this. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 29 June 2023, 16:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @matt.dickinson! Thanks for posting and also for joining our Coffee with Copper session. :)

At this time, we don’t have a way to “inherit” tags or fields from one record to another. So at this point in time you will need to update each one.

We do have an open Ideas about the concept of pushing information from one record to another. I’m gonna link it below - if you upvote, we’ll be able to notify you with any updates.

Thanks again Matt!

Ok, thanks for letting me know!