Question

Logging activites to a client record

• 30 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Is there a way to track the actual date that a user logged a client activity? If a user logs a phone call three days after the phone call was made - you can back date when logging this activity’s information. Is there a way to see what date the user put that information in vs. the date they want you to see?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Tia T, thanks for posting! You’re right that the activities can be backdated, and this allows some flexibility for when exactly someone logs an activity. We don’t currently have a separate timestamp for the moment a user submits an activity, as opposed to the date/time that the user selected. I can suggest this to our team as a potential future improvement.

This may or may not work for your team, but I personally like to send an email to clients after each call or meeting with a summary of what we discussed. There’s a lot of benefits to doing this (building trust, everyone has a record of what you discussed, clear action items). The reason I’m bringing this up is that timestamps on emails cannot be edited because they are synced directly from your Gmail. So if each phone call has a corresponding email, that may help you see when phone call took place (or incentivize your teammate to do the phone calls at the right times).

Another option - some digital phone systems allow you to directly see the call logs of your teammates. For example, if you’re an admin in RingCentral you can do this and also get stats on how many calls they’re making on an average day. That data lives directly with the phone provider, so it can’t be edited by yourself or any teammates.