Question

Automatic Back Up

• 20 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • Engaged User
  • 30 replies

As we have grown in our use of Copper and the data it holds that we rely on daily - it is becoming more concerning we don’t have an automatic daily back up. In opening a ticket, it seems there isn’t a way to back up, short of me daily creating an export of the different data sets. 

Is anyone doing an automatic back up, or do you have a solution other than manually exporting the different data sets? 

I am starting with the question, before I log an idea. 

Thanks

3 replies

Hi @Jodi 

I would suggest that you look into the Copper API.

The Copper API is a way to programmatically access data from your Copper account.

You can then (as a result of being able to access your data programmatically through Copper) develop a script(or use a No code tool like Zapier) which would run periodically (maybe everyday at night?) to automatically fetch the most recent data from your Copper account and have it backed up to wherever you wish. 

As a result, the above script you build would run automatically everyday to backup your data with no manual intervention from your end

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Definitely agree, we currently manually run exports once a month. It's a huge pain…

The fact that data can be deleted and not easily restored or a regular backup option is a bit disconcerting.

Putting that onto your end-user via API is not really a "solution". We know Copper's API inside and out, and doing what you propose would be a lot of work to build and maintain.

It's not an uncommon request to have backup and better auditing/deletion recovery tools.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Harsh

Thank you for sharing the information. I don’t really have anyone who can assist in setting up the API and script, I can look at Zapier, but would need to ensure it would not incur cost. 

Just seems like the point @alex made doubles down on my original post of automatic backup. 

Definitely agree, we currently manually run exports once a month. It's a huge pain…

The fact that data can be deleted and not easily restored or a regular backup option is a bit disconcerting.

Putting that onto your end-user via API is not really a "solution". We know Copper's API inside and out, and doing what you propose would be a lot of work to build and maintain.

It's not an uncommon request to have backup and better auditing/deletion recovery tools.