Experience unparalleled transparency into your business engagements and activities with Copper’s new Feed

Experience unparalleled transparency into your business engagements and activities with Copper’s new Feed

We’ve got another exciting announcement for our Copper customers 📣 We’re rolling out our new Feed — encapsulating everything happening in Copper into one clear, well-organized view 👀 

Your new Copper Feed

You’ll never miss a beat with real-time updates on the activities captured in Copper – including calls, meetings, emails, form submissions and more 🥁 

Move the work forward with powerful collaboration tools. You can interact with activities in the Feed just like you do on records, allowing you to comment, react and even reply to emails without switching into specific records.

📣 We show you how Feed and Copper’s new Forms feature work together during our latest Coffee with Copper webinar. Watch here. 

Here’s a quick rundown on what you’ll find in the new Copper feed ⬇️

Maximize your efficiency with easily accessible activity filters 

With our re-organized activity filters in a new left-side navigation menu, you can filter on the activity types you’ve added to Copper including emails, phone calls, form submissions and more.

Zero in with activity filters

Stay on the ball with intelligently tailored suggestions

Your personalized “Keep Things Moving” and “Suggestions” sections are now accessible to the right in the feed. 

Check out your intelligent suggestions

Cut through the noise with the “Show only what I’m following” feature

We get it — it’s great to see everything that’s going down in Copper, but sometimes you want to focus on the interactions and contacts that matter to you. Streamline your feed and reprioritize what you’re seeing by selecting “Show only what I’m following”. 

Focus on the interactions that matter to you
Select the “Follow” button on records 

Feed makes it easier than ever to stay informed, connected and ahead of the game. This new experience replaces the previous Copper Dashboard. 

We hope you enjoy this new experience as we continue to evolve Copper into your end-to-end customer engagement and relationship management platform. If you have any questions or feedback, reply in the comments section below 👇

Melanie at Copper

Looking great! Can’t wait to use it 🙌

Hi,

Very nice, looking forward to see how it will affect the proses as a user, I do have a Q regarding the meeting section way I cant see the meeting?

Same, it's missing many when filtering down for me too 🤔

Looking good though!

Hi @Golan @alex

The Feed shows 30 days of activities, from the day we launched - March 7th. It’s a real-time view on what’s going on in your business right now, not a historical record. Once we hit 30 days from launch, April 6th, we’ll be showing 30 days of activities and from then onwards, we’ll be showing a rolling total of all activities from the preceding 30 days.

I hope that helps clarify what you can expect to see in Feed. 

Melanie

Hey Community! Another update for you on Feed: You can now filter your view by user 👇

Keep things running smoothly by filtering on a user

Have a team member out of office and need to ensure their relationships continue moving forward? Keep everything progressing smoothly by filtering on individual users to see their recent engagements and updates.

This is available across all accounts. 

Melanie at Copper

Awe, bummer... some of our activities only happen a couple times per month. Wish you showed say past 10 activities OR past 30 days. Many of the filtering down by activity type show 0–2 which isn't really helpful.

Or hide the activities that are empty (and show the number of activities to the right of it maybe).

It's just in the current form, it feels broken because nearly everything I click in to is blank or shows 1 or 2 activities which just makes it feel like "what am I even trying to get out of this?"

That said, wish it could be more of an overall feed, as it's the activity feed, just now way better, but now it's actually a worse activity feed for most activity types for us and our customers :(

Is there a way to add the open task to the feed ?

Also, is there a way to add. open conversations in the activity 

I’m having trouble understanding the benefit of this new feed. I can’t ever imagine going to this Feed, tbh.

Awe, bummer... some of our activities only happen a couple times per month. Wish you showed say past 10 activities OR past 30 days. Many of the filtering down by activity type show 0–2 which isn't really helpful.

Or hide the activities that are empty (and show the number of activities to the right of it maybe).

It's just in the current form, it feels broken because nearly everything I click in to is blank or shows 1 or 2 activities which just makes it feel like "what am I even trying to get out of this?"

That said, wish it could be more of an overall feed, as it's the activity feed, just now way better, but now it's actually a worse activity feed for most activity types for us and our customers :(

@alex  This is all very valuable and interesting feedback, and we’ll take it into consideration as we continue to build out the Feed. 

Regarding the feed activity timeline, the concept of Feed is not to be a historic report. It’s intended to stay up to date with the latest activities with Contacts without needing to search through record by record, ensuring that nothing is missed. This is why we chose to build the experience around the last 30 days to keep the information presented relevant and engaging. 

@Golan We plan to introduce open tasks to the feed in a future release!

We’d need more information on what you’re asking for here. Over the next few months we’re working on additional concepts for Feed and we’ll reach out to you for feedback. 

I’m having trouble understanding the benefit of this new feed. I can’t ever imagine going to this Feed, tbh.

Hi @Sarah M Thanks for your feedback. The main goal for feed is to gather all the latest activities in Copper into one consumable location in order to save you time and create efficiency. We’ll continue to build upon Feed in the coming months and we’ll reach out to gather your feedback. 

@Melanie from Copper adding open tasks would be great! I see your comment above :-)

Regarding the feed activity timeline, the concept of Feed is not to be a historic report. It’s intended to stay up to date with the latest activities with Contacts without needing to search through record by record, ensuring that nothing is missed. This is why we chose to build the experience around the last 30 days to keep the information presented relevant and engaging. 

If that’s the case, this could be quite easily resolved by simply adding a selector that just remembers your last setting:

To remove “all time” saying that it’s not useful for the feature, the feature would be far more useful to more people by simply allowing them to select the timeframe they are looking at and remembering their preference.

This would allow it to be the latest activity feed as well as a historical feed.

The main complaint here is you took away the historical feed, which was actually SUPER helpful to our business and many of our customer’s businesses, and replaced it with a better looking feed, but decided to restrict it arbitrarily to the last 30 days.

To have taken away such a useful area of the platform without allowing users to simply still access some semblance to that is a frustrating UX decision.

Our customers are upset, we’re upset, and it seems silly because the solution is so simple, allow the user to select the timeframe that they deem as useful to their business. If you’re a business with less activities in a given month (like ours), a monthly view is completely irrelevant. In a business that gets an immense number of activities in a given month, Monthly is incredibly overwhelming, let them do the past week or even the past day.

Otherwise you have a feature that is blank most of the time for most activities and feels broken. It defeats the purpose of why it was built. I now avoid the feed, when the activity area was actually the pulse of what was going on in our business.

I really like the feed, but for the middle section of the feed that shows interactions with emails, there is no scroll bar. That is really needed. 

The only way to scroll down is to select text and move the cursor that somewhat then moves down the page. But not a good approach.

Can you add a scroll bar to this section of the feed please.  

@QQQ Thank you for the feedback! We’ve shared this with the product team and our product designer 🙂