Question

Very Slow to Scroll a List in Copper

• 4 August 2023
  • 1 reply

For the past year, copper has been terribly slow when I want to scroll a list. Even lists of only 500  records takes 2-3 minutes to scroll to the end of the list because it is “loading”. 

I’ve emailed support a couple of times.  The first time nothing improved.  With this new beta launch its maybe 10% better.  

Here is a 1 minute loom video [link redacted for privacy reasons] documenting the problem.  I tried my wife’s computer and it is maybe 10-15% better.  

Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @moonshot, thanks for posting! Really appreciate the screen recording--I’ve sent it to our product team so they can take a look. However, since the recording contains information about your Copper contacts, I need to remove the link from the your original post.

Loads times are affected by a lot of different factors, so there’s not necessarily one definitive answer for this. Generally speaking, our engineering team is constantly working on adding optimizations. That type of work is long-term, ongoing, and incremental, so there’s not usually a moment when we can say we improved it by X amount with this release. But it is something the team is constantly working on.

That being said, I’m glad you’ve noticed some faster loads with the new list views beta!

As you’ve noticed, your computer, browser, and internet connection can also play a factor. So things like making sure your computer has enough working memory, not having too many tabs open, and restarting your browser or computer might help. I have also noticed that the internet is slower in certain parts of my house.

In your video, you mention having to scroll from A down to Z. If you need to go down to Z, I do recommend sorting your list in reverse alphabetical order. This would put those Zs at the top of the list so that you don’t have to scroll and wait. That doesn’t necessarily change the load time, but it will help you get to those records a bit faster.

I hope that helps a bit :)