Question

How can i search meeting notes?

• 19 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

We are looking to do a couple of things:

1. “Give me a list of my meeting notes for this time frame” (e.g. into a google doc). But there seems to be no way to do such a search, am I mis-reading?
  2. “Search for this text in meeting notes” (e.g. “Feedback meeting”). The search does not seem to find things in the body of meeting notes (activities). Is there a way to achieve this?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @donbowman! We don’t currently have a way to run a search specifically for the notes/activities. As an alternative, you could try exporting your activities into Google Sheets. Once you do that, you can add filters to show only Notes over a certain time period, or for activities where the text contains “Feedback meeting” or another phrase.

Let me know if that helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

its just not feasible to export to google sheets. even then, there is no search. With the poor performance and reliability of the API, it would never complete.

You want to have e.g. elasticsearch on these to be useful, google sheets doesn’t really have a search engine.

I’m trying to avoid writing an api integration to export to a search engine, search, and then come back to copper. This is very very wasteful and not easy to use. I want instead to go to the search bar in copper, and search e.g. a feature name of ours, find the meeting notes that we talked about that across all opportunities and users.