Solved

Exporting Opp and Pipelines workflow

• 17 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello. WE have been using Copper for serval years. Right now we would like to refresh the automation of it. We want to review the pipelines workflow and star over. we dont need the opportunities from the past but we dont want to loose the information either.

LEads and People will stay, but Opportunities attached to them will disappear and I need a back up. Also workflow automation will disappear but I want a back up (not only turn them off, I want them off the system)

How can I do this?

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 17 March 2022, 17:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @BEatriz, thanks for posting! Sounds like you would like an export of your Opportunities and your Workflow Automation rules for historical archive purposes. Let me know if that’s correct.

Exporting Opportunities

To export all your Opportunities, go to Settings > Manage Your Data > Export Data > Export Opportunities. The system will generate the export and then email you an access link.

You can also do a partial export if you only want the Opportunities from a certain Pipeline. To do this, open up that Pipeline in Copper and flip to List View.

Then select the Opportunities you’d like to export. You can select all by clicking the checkbox at the top left. Then, click the three dots for “More” and select Export List.

Exporting workflow automations

We don’t have a built-in way to export your workflow automation rules. Instead, I recommend going through each one and taking screenshots.

I usually take one screenshot of the Trigger and another for the Action. But you might want the entire workflow in one screenshot. In that case, I recommend using a Chrome Extension that allows you to take full page screenshots. I personally use GoFullPage.

If needed, you can add those screenshots to a document with additional notes. Or just keep them in a folder for reference.

You won’t be able to copy/past formulas, variables, etc, but at least this way you’ll have some record of your previous workflow automation rules.

Let me know if that helps!