Solved

My Plan

• 11 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi:

I did a lot of bulk mail yesterday and got a message that said I was over my limit. However, I don’t know what my limit is. I also don’t know if a limit is by the day, week, month or year. I would like to know if I need to upgrade because I will be implementing a lot of new bulk emails and would like to add some campaigns that can be sent periodically on a certain schedule to clients and prospects. Can you please have someone call me to explain or send a very detailed email.

It was very difficult for me to figure out where to go to ask a question.

Thanks,

Sindy Marvin

icon

Best answer by Harsh 12 June 2023, 11:38

View original

2 replies

Hi Sindy,

I believe you are hitting your Gmail limits (as behind the scenes all emails are being sent through Gmail)

Please see the below link explaining as to how these limits are calculated on Gmail

https://support.google.com/a/answer/166852

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sindy, thanks for posting! Looks like @Harsh was able to answer your question (thank you!). I’ll give a little more detail here about the email limits.

When you send a bulk email through Copper, it’s actually sending them through your Gmail account. Each Gmail account has a sending limit. For most folks on Google Workspace, this is 1500-2000 messages per day.

Our bulk emailing feature also asks you to send bulk emails in batches of 200 or fewer to help prevent your emails from being marked as spam.

If you need to go beyond the limit in your Gmail account, you should start looking at an email marketing tool. They send emails not directly from your Gmail, but rather on your behalf from a separate emailing system. This allows you to go beyond the 1500-2000 limit.

Mailchimp is a popular option for this - we have an integration with them. We also have a functionality inside of Copper called Email Sequences, which comes with our Business tier subscription. My colleague Kevin will be reaching out to you to discuss your options.

Regarding where to ask questions - you’re more than welcome to continue posting in our community forum! But fastest way to talk to someone is through our chat icon.

Please let me know if you do not see this icon when you open Copper in your browser.

Thanks Sindy!