Question

Inactive days reset when a field in update

• 10 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I wonder how we can reset the inactive days with a workflow automation?

The inactive days don’t take into account the phone call we can have with the client, so sometimes it doesn’t reflect the good info. I would like to create a worklfow automation when the field “last contacted” is filled then the innactive days is reset to 0, is it possible?Are there other possibilities to reset the inactive days ?

Thanks ,

Emma

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Emma, 

What you could do as a workaround: Create a new activity type with the setting ‘Count as Interaction’ checked. You can create an activity for this type to reset the interaction date. 

I don’t think you can automatically create an activity from the embedded workflow engine so this would require programming or an external tool like make.com or zapier. 

@Copper Product Team What is the reason that Activity Type phone call cannot be marked as an interaction. To my opinion it should be  of customer interest to make this a customer decision.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers, Jaco

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @emma.enogia, thanks for posting! Phone calls actually do count as Interactions when you log them. This is the default, and can’t be changed, so every time you or a teammate log a Phone Call activity on a contact, it should reset the Inactive Days to zero.

If that’s not what you’re seeing, then that’s something we should look further into. For example, is your team logging phone calls using the default Phone Calls activity type? Or are they logging them as Notes?

In this example, we are logging a Phone Call activity type, so it will reset the Inactive Days counter once we save it.
In this example, we are logging a Note. This will NOT reset the Inactive Days counter.

If you’re not sure, it might help to look at your Activity Types in Settings > Customize > Manage Activity Types. There, you’ll see all your Activity Types. Each one has a checkbox to say whether it’s an Interaction (i.e. resets the Inactive Days counter).

To answer your question about workflow automation, we can’t use it to reset the Inactive Days counter to 0. But it sounds like we should take a look at how your phone calls are being logged, because that would address the underlying issue about the inactive days.

By the way, I see you’re working with Scott on some workflow automations. I’ll let him know you had this question and that it might be affecting one of your workflow automations.

Let me know if that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Copper Product Team What is the reason that Activity Type phone call cannot be marked as an interaction. To my opinion it should be  of customer interest to make this a customer decision.

Hi @Jaco Koppelaar, thanks for chiming in here. The Phone Call activity type does counts as an Interaction. That is the default, and cannot be changed. Please let us know if you have someone that sees or experiences something different.

In Settings > Customize > Manage Activity Types, the Phone Call activity type is always marked as an Interaction