Question

updating old emails

• 29 June 2023
  • 2 replies

• New Participant
  • 2 replies

I have many old emails I expect are outdated for prospects in Cooper.  I know there are services that can auto update and refresh my data.  Anyone worked with those?  Been able to connect to Cooper?  How’d it work?  

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @GNL, thanks for posting! It sounds like you have a batch of contacts that you’re looking to refresh the data for? I haven’t personally heard of any customers using a service to refresh the information for a group of outdated contacts at once or on an ongoing basis. But there are some folks who will periodically do this manually using LinkedIn/Surfe or a data intelligence platform like Clearbit. Generally they’ll focus on high-value prospects if they go through that process.

Something I’d consider is what exactly you’re looking to get done. For example, are you trying to validate that those emails are still working? Or if that contact still works at that particular company? And if they don’t, are you trying to find their new company, or are you trying to find the person who replaced them at their old position?

If you do end up using one of those services you mentioned, you can update those Copper contacts using an import. For example, if you have a spreadsheet that contains the old outdated email and a column for their new email, you can use that to add the new emails to those contacts. Depending on the service you may be able to connect using Zapier or our API, but be careful in deciding who has access to change your data through those channels since there is no “undo” option for those.

Thanks this is helpful.  I’m looking to validate emails and confirm who is still working at specific employers.  I’ll check out the links you provided.