Solved

Reports not working

• 17 July 2023
  • 8 replies

• Inspirational User
  • 5 replies

Hi, new to Copper. I am an admin so I should have necessary credentials to use the reporting function. The account owner can use it on our account.

But when I click on reports I get this message: 

That didn't go according to plan.

Looks like we're having trouble loading Copper Reports. Try clicking "Refresh" below, or contact support. If you're a new user, it might take up to 24 hours for data to start loading. Check back soon!

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by dan22 22 July 2023, 15:33

View original

8 replies

I should have also said that this has been going on for weeks. I have clicked “refresh” over and over again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @dan22, thanks for posting! That is strange - let me put you in touch with our technical team about this. They’ll be able to take a closer look at what’s happening, if it’s something up with your browser, etc. You’ll get an email shortly from our system, followed by a reply from one of my colleagues. Thanks for your patience Dan!

Thank you. I have ghostery on Chrome and your comment made me think that could be interfering. I set app.copper.com to “Site Trusted” but that did not change report access. I also tried safari where I don’t have any blockers and that didn’t work either. Here is a screenshot of what I see on both browsers:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@dan22 ahh ok, I’ve added that info to your support ticket. I’m guessing it does have to do with some sort of ad or tracker blocker, either Ghostery on Chrome or a built-in one in Safari. I suspect there may be another domain you need to whitelist. Our technical folks will look at that possibility.

Related question - do you see the pink chat icon in the lower right corner when you open Copper in Chrome? That can also get blocked by ad/tracker blockers.

I do NOT see it in Chrome (with Ghostery whitelisted) but I DO see it in Safari. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@dan22 gotcha, thanks! I’ve added that to the ticket too. I do suspect that’s part of a similar issue, but it’s a bit out of my domain so we’ll have to see what the technical team says. Thanks again for your patience :)

Thanks for your help!

To close this out, it turns out I needed to whitelist third party cookies for Copper in Chrome. All good now.