Question

Downloading Copper Email History and other Activities for a full data backup

• 21 July 2023
  • 1 reply

We’re working on a major data backup and wondering is there any way to download the email histroy that is logged in Copper? 

I’ve backed up all our record data (people, opportunities, etc.) but wondering what else is it possible for me to pull and backup? I’ve tried using the activities add on google sheet, but keep getting an error message…

1 reply

Greetings vChiefOperations!

We appreciate your contact and hope you’re doing well. Copper provides a handy feature that allows you to export comprehensive records of your people, companies, opportunities, projects, tasks, and leads. You can export all the records at once or filter the list before exporting.

Regarding doing a backup of emails - that’s not something we support at this time. You’ll be able to get a copy of other activity types through the activity export tool you’re using, but not the synced emails or their contents.

Regarding the “cannot convert” error, it usually occurs when unsupported values are present in any of the rows in your Google sheet. To address this, we suggest creating a fresh copy of the sheet as it usually resolves the issue. Give it a try and let me know if it works.

For more details about using the Google sheet add-on for activities, we also have this guide.