Question

Outbound marketing - email followup

• 18 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I used to send several emails to B2B prospects. People that never heard about me before.
I normally write my emails one by one, tailoring it to the recipient.
I send them within my Gmail because I used to have different email aliases that don’t work within Copper, so I am forced to send the email from my Gmail instead.

As long as I don’t use the “schedule” function, Copper keeps track of each email sent, so no problem.

I want to send a follow up email to those people who received but didn’t open my email.
To those who did receive my email but didn’t reply me.

What I am doing now is going to the “My Tracked Emails” section and scroll down each email sent one by one (I never send bulk email, as said I tailor them and send one by one), but this is not convenient. First of all because they are all mixed with other common emails I send to suppliers, customers, etc...basically emails that I do not consider as part of my “Outbound marketing”, but merely operational emails (I don’t use separate email accounts).

I am not looking for an automatic reply. I want to clearly visualise them on a certain page then take action one by one.

Can you help me to find the solution for this?
Can Copper CRM have this function set up? if not, is there an external app, maybe with native integration, that works?

(please do not recommend Zapier because it’s way to expensive and I feel I have to pay a 3rd app due to a lack of integration in the primary app I am using, thanks)

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @DanHK, thanks for posting! Sounds like you essentially want a way to generate a list of folks to follow-up with. I have some suggestions that might help:

Create a filtered list in Copper

You can do this by filtering and sorting by Inactive Days. Each time you send or receive an email, the Inactive Days counter on a contact resets to 0. So filtering by a certain number of Inactive Days will give you a view of who you haven’t been in touch with for a while.

In this example, I’ve set up a filtered list for my People who have 7 or more Inactive Days. And as soon as I follow up with one of them, they’ll be booted off the list because their Inactive Days went back to 0.

Just keep in mind that Inactive Days is reset by any Activity Type that counts as an interaction. To confirm exactly which ones those are, go to Settings > Customize > Activity Types.

Since you’re working in Gmail, you can also see this list while in your Gmail inbox using our Chrome extension.

Enable Nudges in Gmail

Nudges add a little reminder beside an email you haven’t replied to or received a reply for. Here’s an example:

You can enable this by going into Gmail Settings > General > Nudges. To get it for emails you sent and haven’t received a reply to yet, select “Suggest emails to follow up on - Sent emails you might need to follow up on will appear at the top of your inbox.” More information in Google’s article.

I personally love this feature because it shows the follow-ups directly in Gmail. However, I don’t know the full details on how Gmail chooses which emails to add a nudge to. But in my experience, it’s pretty good.

Snooze a sent email

If you have a particularly promising prospect, you could also Snooze the email you send to them. This basically bumps the email up to the top of your list in Gmail at a specific time you select. It won’t automatically detect/cancel itself if the prospect replies, but it might be helpful as an additional layer for high-potential prospects.

To set up a snooze, click on the clock icon beside an email.

Let me know if that helps! :)

Thanks for your reply.

Here my feedback.

“filtered list” is good but then I loose that contact from that list as soon as any email happens.

“Nudges” looks very interesting unfortunately I cannot figure out how to settle it. It looks there are not much setting we can work on it to tailor it on our needs

“Snooze” is OK but it works exactly as “My Tracked Emails” within Copper. I have a list of ALL email sent out. It works, but it’s just not convenient.

Any thirds app you would recommend?
The best would be to have a list of contacts in 1 page. Just the contacts I am working on