Question

Email click tracking concern

• 13 July 2023
  • 2 replies

• New Participant
  • 2 replies

I have an email drip campaign I’ve launched.  It appears that the same people click on the email every time it goes out, exactly the same number of clicks.  Just seems unlikely the same ones would click every time and the same number of times.  Anything I should check or be concerned about?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @GNL, thanks for posting! Email clicks/opens are a bit of a tricky thing, because they depend the recipient and how/if their email app blocks trackers. For example, the Apple Mail app will pre-load emails when someone opens the app. That pre-load triggers the open tracker, even though the recipient just opened the Mail app, not the specific email.

Basically, you should always look at those numbers with a grain of salt.

If it’s the exact same people you’re seeing every time, I do wonder if they’re using something like Apple Mail that triggers the email tracker. When you say “exactly same number of clicks” - what kind of numbers are we looking at?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Late to the party but thought I’d add that if a contact shows all links in an email clicked immediately then it’s probably an anti-virus/anti-phishing scan of the email provider of the recipient. 

There is nothing to be concerned about in that case, but unfortunately the click activity for contacts like this is not accurate ie. you can only assume they clicked the email if a particular link has been clicked multiple times.