Question

How to add opportunities to people in gmail

• 26 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I can’t seem to add opportunities to people who weren’t leads but that’s what I want to be able to do - is it possible?

I'm getting very confused and frustrated  because I can't work out how to properly use leads / person / opportunities within Gmail. I don't want to use the app for day to day stuff. I'm in Gmail all day and need to be able to add new people and then add them as opportunities from within Gmail. I have tried adding new enquiries as leads and then converting them to people / Opps but it seems convoluted and duplicates effort as it  doesn’t carry forward tags and descriptions.

3 replies

I think I have got the hang of people and opportunities now, thanks to the chat support

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@juliedawnfox thanks for posting, and I’m glad you were able to work with our chat team on this! I see that Nik from our team offered to meet with you - he’s absolutely fantastic so I definitely recommend meeting with him if you can.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Glad to hear you got the hang of it @juliedawnfox—we've actually recorded a video and wrote up an article on best practices on understanding Leads vs People vs Opportunities, if it's of any help!

If a person exists, you can create an opportunity and tie that person to it. You can't tie leads to opportunities. We do recommend using the Leads section for most contacts until they are qualified (e.g. website form submission creating a lead makes sense).

Hope the article and video helps you learn something!