Solved

Automatically Calculating Days Open

• 30 September 2022
  • 1 reply

We have an opportunity field for when the opportunity is kicked off that is separate from when the opportunity was created. I’m wondering if there’s a way to calculate the number of days from the current date to that kick off date automatically without having to update a field to trigger the calculation? I’d like to be able to see my pipeline at any time and see how many days it has been for each opportunity since the kick off. 

icon

Best answer by Chris from Copper 6 October 2022, 17:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @John Bundren ,

Thank you for submitting your question to the Copper Community. I’ve outlined below steps to setup the Workflow Automation.

If you have any trouble setting up the Automation, I recommend attending our Weekly Workflow Automation Q&A, here one of our product experts will be available live to guide you through setup.

Steps to setup Days Open automated field:

1. Ensure you have a Field Key created for your Custom Date Field
  2. Create a new Opportunity Custom Number Field “Days Open”

Workflow Automation setup

3. How to setup the Workflow Automation Trigger:
    1. Trigger: Check Once Per Day
    2. Status → Open (to limit to only open opportunities)
    3. Pipeline → Select the pipeline you would like to setup the field under.
  4. How to setup the Workflow Automation Action:
    1. Update “Days Open” change to - Use a Formula - “DAYS(date_created,CURRENTDATE())” (Replace “date_created” with the Field Key for your custom date field if you prefer to use that date vs the created date”
  5. Here is Workflow Automation setup:

Thank you for submitting your question! For additional setup support, I recommend attending the Live Workflow Automation Q&A - Tuesdays at 8AM PST

-Chris