Tutorial

Best Practices: Filters vs Reports

• 7 October 2021
  • 5 replies
Best Practices: Filters vs Reports
Userlevel 3
Badge

Need to make better use of your Copper data? Want to cut through the noise and only see information that pertains to you? You're in luck! 

If you're looking to report on performance around certain metrics like won/lost opportunities or sales data, Legacy Reports is a built-in tool with set criteria to help analyze your Copper data. These reports are out of the box and will empower you to generate quick reports to allow you to make better business decisions.

If you are on our higher-tier plans, like Professional or Business, you have access to our new Reports tool. These are completely customizable allowing you to get granular with your account performance and customize it to fit your needs. Please note, if you're considering an upgrade to gain access to Copper's new reports and would like to learn more, join our Live Reports Q&A and we'd be happy to show you the ropes!

Filters let you create a list of records that meet a common value. Narrow down a list of records based on the criteria you choose to find those values. Additionally, you can, then save that filter for easy access each time you log into your account if you set that saved filter as your default. 

Beyond the standard filter-able criteria, if you have saved custom fields you can use that unique information to also filter down your list to find that specific information. Your interaction with Copper just got more personalized!

What type of filters do you have saved that have made your day-to-day more efficient and effective? Let us know in the comments below!

5 replies

where are the saved filters once you save one?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @eegeland 

The saved filters are stored in the top left just under the page name and next to the “add new” button. Here is a quick video to walk you through saved filters plus some additional tips like setting a default or renaming the filter.

Please let me know other question you have. 

Thank you,

Natalie

Thank you but where are they when you save a filter in Legacy Reports? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @eegeland

Great question because this is the only place that has a different location. Instead, you’ll find the saved filters directly above every graph in our Legacy Reports named “Saved Filters”. 

Here is the dropdown location for Saved Filters within the Sales Reports:

Also, here is another example within the Activity By User report:

I hope that clears up the confusion but continue sending questions my way!

Thank you,

Natalie Stambro

Oh geez that would have bitten me if it was a snake. Sorry and thanks 😞