Skip to main content

Inline images have landed!

Inline images have landed!

Coppernauts, you've been asking, and we’ve been listening. We're bursting with excitement to announce the launch of inline images to transform your email communication within Copper! 

As this new feature rolls out in the next couple of days, get ready to ditch dry, text-heavy emails and infuse your messages with visuals. Showcase your past projects, personalized greetings, or linked resources — inline images will captivate your audience and drive engagement like never before!

📣We’re exploring use cases for inline images (plus many other exciting features) during our next Product Pulse webinar on Tuesday, July 23, 2024 at 10am PT / 1pm ET. You won’t want to miss this one! Sign up here.

This means you can now:

• Spice up your emails! Add logos, charts, or even funny cat pictures (we’re not judging!) to grab attention and make your message more engaging.
  • Boost clicks and conversions: Turn your images into clickable links that take recipients to your website, landing page, or any other relevant online destination.
  • Make your emails accessible to everyone: Add alt text to your images, ensuring everyone can understand your message, even if they use screen readers or if the images can't be displayed.

So, how can you use them?

Inline images aren't just bells and whistles — they're a powerful communication tool! Here are some industry-specific ways to leverage them:

• Universal appeal: Celebrate milestones with a fun "Happy Birthday" graphic or a congratulatory graphic for a client's big win.
  • Agencies: Showcase your portfolio directly in emails with captivating images, or send clear headshots and bios of your team (advisors, entertainers, etc.) for a strong first impression.
  • Construction companies: Wow potential clients with images of completed projects or use them to streamline decision-making by including examples of finishes or materials directly in your emails.
  • Consulting: Enhance client communication with screenshots for complex processes and link previews.

These are just a few ideas to get you started. Unleash your creativity and use inline images to make your emails more engaging and informative across any industry.

How to add inline images:

Adding images is a breeze! You can choose from images stored on your computer or ones you've already saved within Copper. Here's a quick guide:

1. Compose your email: Start by creating a new email from someone's profile, a Pipeline record, the Feed, the bulk email tool, or an email template.

AD_4nXdLLN20JhW9ZrGi9EKAPjNmcsB94LVaUiw4jJUMspgqlP_YkflJNLfjVF8-imynwInARdyJSwzRWaKVATpX5rw1-J4lY95h02gZhEjXLsJ7lZM9sLlapzLWbItumFWTEVxtoJIhDPolK9fhs-XmWfoNR4x4?key=oAjjHSsA2KQfefX99KIwDg

1. Click the "Add inline image" icon: This icon is readily available in all email composing interfaces.

AD_4nXfoeRmn8jSK3Ke6koObeo1NXcmQj6YO9lTuoA4gV8HQhUbA2D7AGuoxxTBi7syV6deTHNMg-Gs-pc5KTleryimqFEfpuDkjVB_ZzbgklW8ZKvf_V-18vy0BTam517K8p_DDjpznntJZJPpQNU8oGp5LhPmf?key=oAjjHSsA2KQfefX99KIwDg

1. Choose your image: Select "Upload from Computer" to add a new image or "Add from Copper" to choose an existing one.

AD_4nXf_Y-PZjNACQzlCLoCibeNlrhupWi7IiwfY_ZtSAYB3mo0ahC-cyHZd-d3UEXzYCNYCxRqX-I7gqEM6f2imZ0vYmMyvfYUH4KnJMrdPeA6yh9PQ7FGSJnV8quVG1A-eksf46_NKgEEskZoFijCq1e8_6-I?key=oAjjHSsA2KQfefX99KIwDg

That's it! Your image will be seamlessly embedded within your email.

Image guidelines & tips:

• Supported formats: Jpeg, JPG, and PNG are your go-to formats.
  • Optimal size: Keep images between 600-800 pixels wide for optimal viewing across devices. You can resize them within Copper after uploading.
  • Email size matters: Maintain a overall small email size (under 20MB) for successful delivery. We recommend keeping the email size much smaller than that, though.

Beyond the basics:

We've packed inline images with features to enhance your experience:

• Image options toolbar: Access tools for removing images, adding hyperlinks, resizing, and adding alt text — all conveniently located next to your image.
  • Hyperlinks: Transform your images into CTAs by linking them to relevant webpages or resources.
  • Alternative text: Provide alt text for improved accessibility and ensure your message remains clear even if images can't be displayed.

❗Important Note: Email templates with inline images aren't currently supported in the Chrome Extension or mobile app (coming soon).

We're thrilled to introduce inline images and empower you to craft visually engaging and impactful emails directly within Copper.

Ready to get started? Jump into your Copper account and explore the power of inline images today! Let us know in the comments below how you plan to use this new feature to elevate your email communication.

When will this be available? I don’t see it as an option in my account.

Hi @kyla.oneill it’s rolling out to customers over the next few days starting today. But we’re enabling it for your company now! Please refresh the app if you still don’t see it. 

Hi @Maggie from Copper ! 

Very exciting feature. Will this be available in email templates as well? Can we test it out as well?

@Ntempleton great question! Yes, you will be able to add images to email templates. But those email templates can only be used in the web app (for now). 

I’ll get your company added to early access first thing tomorrow! 

Hey @Ntempleton your company should have access now. Please refresh the app if you don’t see the new image icon in the toolbar right away. 

Hi Maggie! I’m still not seeing the option to inlay images in templates. Can you assist with this/when should I be expecting to see this?

Hi @ali-breakaway - we’ve just added your company. If you still don’t see the option, please refresh your browser! 

Hi Amie,

This is fantastic news! 🎉 Inline images will definitely make our emails much more engaging and visually appealing. I love the idea of using them to showcase past projects and personalize our communications.

A few questions:

1. Will there be any support for adding inline images to email templates in the future?
  2. Are there any plans to extend this feature to the Chrome Extension and mobile app soon?
  3. Can you share any best practices or tips on optimizing images for different devices?

Looking forward to the Product Pulse webinar and exploring this new feature. Thanks for the update!
Love from Automation Experts

Hi @Tom Pieterson I can jump in here!

Will there be any support for adding inline images to email templates in the future?

Yes! You can add inline images anywhere you create/send emails from the web app, this includes:

1. In the email composer - sending an email by clicking on an email address anywhere in the web app
  2. In the bulk email composer - multi-selecting rows in a list (saved filter) to send a bulk email
  3. And yes, in email templates! (but please note the email templates with inline images that you create in the web app are only currently able to be used in the web app)

Are there any plans to extend this feature to the Chrome Extension and mobile app soon?

Yes! There are plans to extend this feature!

1. Email templates with inline images that you create in the web app (item 3 above) will be available in the mobile app soon: for iOS we’re targeting this week, for Android we’re targeting next week
  2. We are targeting late August-early September to be able to add inline images in the email composer of the mobile app (sending an email by clicking on an email address anywhere in the mobile app) 
  3. We are currently working on a delivery plan for the Chrome Extension, and I will circle back as soon as I have an update!

Can you share any best practices or tips on optimizing images for different devices?

Yes! This article in our help center has some best practices for inline images in emails: https://support.copper.com/en/articles/9524332-best-practices-for-images-in-emails. Please let me know if you have any other questions about best practices - I would love to beef up this article if folks have more Qs! 

Thanks,

Maggie at Copper

Quick update - this is now available for 100% of our customers. If you still aren’t seeing the new Add Inline Image icon, please try refreshing the app.

👉 Up next we’re working on:

Cheers,

Maggie at Copper

It would be so helpful for y’all to bring back inline images in shared templates and personal templates. Myself and my team send graphics and decks all the time, and it’s not easy to ask them to remember to paste a graphic or attachment every time they send an email using a template. Appreciate y’all’s team always! 

Hi @Carter Helmi!

Sorry, I’m not sure I’m following. You are able to add inline images to private and shared templates in the web app. If you’re unable to add an inline image, would you mind pinging our support team with the in-app chat so we can investigate?

Thanks!
Maggie