NEW: Opportunities is now Pipelines in Copper

NEW: Opportunities is now Pipelines in Copper

Heads up! To continue to improve Copper’s user experience, we’ve renamed Opportunities to Pipelines inside Copper’s main navigation.

Opportunities is now Pipelines in Copper’s navigation.

This renaming has made it easier for new customers to learn where they can create their first pipeline. 

What changes for current customers? 

This only impacts Copper’s main navigation. Current customers will now see Pipelines in place of Opportunities in the navigation menu. If you’ve manually changed the name of Opportunities to an alternate name in Copper’s navigation, you will now see Pipelines. All opportunities themselves will remain “opportunities,” unless you’ve previously renamed them — in which case they’ll retain the name you’ve given them. Your current opportunities and pipelines will not be impacted 👍

The Team at Copper

Woohoo! 🙌😁😁

This is fine and all but I had mine named as Business Tracker, when I read this before it said that would not change. Now its stuck as pipelines. I can rename all the other records accept for this one. 

@Copper Product Team  This is fine and all but I had mine named as Business Tracker, when I read this before it said that would not change. Now its stuck as pipelines. I can rename all the other records accept for this one. 

I’m trying to understand how re-naming Opportunities to Pipelines really makes a difference.

@Lori K I dont really get it either. If someone wanted it changed they could have just changed the name to pipelines in settings. Unless there is some other change in the back ground besides just the name change. 

@Lori K @Kevin 

There's a couple reasons why we decided to make this change:

1. We're making the product work for more organizations. Not every organization we work with makes sales, so the "$" icon and naming didn't make sense for them. Now, Pipelines and the new icon are industry-neutral. Copper users house their "Opportunities" (or business cases, applications, properties - you can still re-name Opportunities to something custom) within their Pipelines.
  2. We're making the product easier to understand for new customers. The majority of our new customers have never used a CRM before. When they first use the product, they'll navigate into "Opportunities", but then start learning about Pipelines. After that, we switch into teaching them about "Opportunities" again. Now, we're just starting with Pipelines, then moving into Opportunities.

I hope that helps to clarify things :slight_smile:

@Michelle from Copper I get that, and getting rid of the $ makes sense. however I dont understand locking it so it cannot be changed from pipelines to whatever else you want to it named. I didnt keep opportunities. I had changed it to Business Tracker.