Solved

Workflow automation - populate an existing field with a date 1 year later

• 23 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Inspirational User
  • 25 replies

I am using a workflow automation to create a duplicate opportunity, but with an updated name. In the existing opportunity I have a date field named “This report FYE”. When the automation runs, is it possible to put in a formula for this field (on the newly created opportunity) to have a date that is 365 days later than the original opportunity?

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 23 August 2023, 20:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ARCO! Yes, here’s how:

First, you need to make sure that your custom date field has a field key for us to use in our formula. Sounds like you’ve already created the field “This report FYE.” So you’re gonna add a field key by going into Settings > Customize > Manage Fields on Records > Edit Custom Fields.

In this example, I set the field key to ”this_report_fye”

Once we have the field key, we can adjust the workflow automation’s Action.

Based on your description, it sounds like you want the duplicated Opportunity to have a “This report FYE” that is 365 days later than the “This report FYE” of the original Opp? If that’s the case, build your workflow automation as you normally would. Then add a field for populating “This report FYE”

The formula above is DATEADD(cf_this_report_fye,365). This formula tells the system: add 365 days to the custom field (cf_) that we called this_report_fye.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Michelle,

I don’t think it worked. I thought it had but I was looking at the initial opportunity. Let me see if it will update with a little more time.

Ruth

Userlevel 1
Badge

Michelle,

It did work! When I tested it earlier, I already had a date in my ‘This Report Fiscal Year’ field, so when I changed that date it didn’t work….but I cleared my test opportunity out and reran it, and it worked great!!

Thanks so much!!

Ruth