Question

Cannot update opportunity stage via zapier

• 7 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi all

Not sure others have come across this. I am trying to update an opportunity stage using the copper integration in zapier. Specifically I am using the “Update Opportunity By ID” action.

First of all, when I try to specify the “Stage” value under “Action”, I am seeing “No options are available”.

No options found

So instead I am manually inserting the id value of the stage I want to update the opportunity to. When I test the step, I am getting a 500 error and I suspect this is because the stage property is pipeline_stage_id instead of stage_id. The Copper API documentation suggests it should be pipeline_stage_id.

stage_id instead of pipeline_stage_id

Has anyone else come across this, and does anyone know how I can resolve this problem?

Many thanks

See Wah

2 replies

Hi See, I'm facing the same problem right now!! 

Question: Where did you find the ID? 

I have a field for Industry that has 147 options. Do you know how can I find the ID of each option? 

I find looking up select list id very difficult in Copper. I came across this a while ago https://medium.com/@optimi/copper-crm-how-to-update-custom-multi-select-fields-via-zapier-b104ee45dd4a, but to be honest, now I just use the “inspect element” function in the browser to inspect the DOM structure of the dropdown on a Copper page to figure out!