Video

Workflow automation: using custom fields to trigger Email Sequences [video]

• 30 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Note: As of March 2022, Opportunities in the Copper left-hand menu is changing to Pipelines. Click here for more information.

7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello Michelle!  I hope you can help me.  

What we are looking for is a sequence to go to Opps in Crypto Calcs pipelines, in the approving paid stage with the tag Defi Only and the opportunity marked as Won.

Pipeline: Crypto Calculations
Stage: Approving Paid
Tag: Defi Only
Opportunity: Won

Is this possible?

Thank you so much in advance!  

Best,

Jeanne

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @CryptoJeanne great question and the answer is yes! 

First, you’ll need to make a new tag that triggers the sequence. You can simply tag any Opp to create it - I’d recommend “Defi Only - email sequence” or something like that.

Then you’ll set up the workflow automation that applies that tag when an Opp meets all the criteria you listed. Go to Settings > Automation > Workflow Automation > Add Workflow.

This is how you’ll set up your Trigger and Action:

Make sure to save and then turn on this workflow automation rule!!

Next, you’ll set up the Email Sequence. Go to Marketing Tools > Sequences > Create new sequence (or you can edit one of your existing ones).

Under Select recipient type, choose “Opportunity tag” and then under Select a segment under the tag you created.

From there you can set up the rest of your email sequence.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 2

You are amazing Michelle, thank you!   Will give it a try!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@CryptoJeanne glad I could help! Let me know if any questions come up while you set that up.

Userlevel 2

I sure will, thank you so much!

Userlevel 1
Badge

What is this email sequencing? Is this an integrated app, or something within Copper?

Hi there! I have a few questions. I was wondering if the automation tool is only for professional or business plans. I am going to be responsible for sending out email campaigns to prospects and I wanted to know if it was possible to do so through Copper. 

Thanks in advance! 😊

Georgia