Solved

Time Delay for Copper Automations

• 8 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello all,

I was wondering if it was possible to incorporate a time delay in a Copper automation. I need an automation to wait at least 30 seconds.

If this is possible, what would that syntax be? Thanks

icon

Best answer by alex 8 September 2022, 17:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

You cannot - you’d have to use a tool like Zapier to introduce a time delay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Matt_Card, what @alex said it correct - there’s no way to introduce a time delay with our workflow automation system. If you’d like,  you can post that as an Idea for the Product team to look at for future consideration.

As Alex mentioned, another option is to user Zapier to create a Copper-to-Copper automation, and adding a delay between the trigger and the action.

I’m curious why you need a 30-second delay? Do you need buffer time to complete something else?

We need buffer time so the changes in Copper are not (potentially) instantaneous. 

We need buffer time so the changes in Copper are not (potentially) instantaneous. 

instantaneous as in 1-a couple second

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Matt_Card thanks for the additional detail. Unfortunately we do not have a way to build in a delay. But generally speaking, our workflow automations aren’t quite instantaneous - they’ll often take 1-5 seconds depending on the server load. But there is no way to guarantee a certain amount of delay.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this. In the meantime I’m going to mark Alex’s response as Best Answer so that others can find it easily.