Question

Logic within Copper

• 8 June 2022
  • 1 reply

I’m wondering if I can use Logic within Copper to automate something that usually is manual. For example if I were to move a task into the progress bar and it stays there for 3 days it would create a task automatically and send it to someone else so they can take care of it. Is it possible to use Logic to automate this since copper does not have it currently.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kylar, thanks for posting! We have an automation feature called Workflow Automation. From a high level, it allows you to set rules that say: if X happens, do Y. We have a bunch of examples and videos in our Workflow Automation section.

Now,  you mentioned moving a task into the progress bar - it sounds like you’re referring to a Task within a Project board? If that’s the case we wouldn’t be able to say: if the Task has not been completed after 3 days, create the same Task for Z. But here are some examples of what you could do:

• If a Person whose Contact Type = Potential Customer reaches 7 Inactive Days, create a Task for the assigned Owner to reach out.
  • If an Opportunity has a Value greater than $10000, assign it to this specific user.
  • If an Opportunity is Won in the Sales pipeline, create a new Opportunity in the Renewals pipeline with a Close Date a year from today and create a Task due 270 days from now to begin the renewal conversation.
  • If an Opportunity has a Value greater than 0, take 10% of the Value and save it as the Sales Commission.

These are just some examples. Let me know if you have any ideas for what you might want to automate and I’ll be happy to talk you through it.

Thanks Kylar!