Video

Example Pipeline with Workflow Automation: grant applications [video]

• 20 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello! Here is an example of how you can use pipelines to manage grant applications in Copper. This example is made up two two pipelines: one for Grant Applications and one for Grant Management. When an Opportunity in the Grant Application Pipeline in Won, a Workflow Automation moves it to the Grant Management Pipeline.

Note: As of March 2022, Opportunities in the Copper left-hand menu is changing to Pipelines. Click here for more information.

Here’s how I set up the Workflow Automation that moves Opportunities from Grant Applications to Grant Management:

Let me know in the comments if this demo is helpful! :point_down:

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

This is so great! Incredibly clear and helpful - I'll be sure to send clients here who are looking to understand more about how to use Workflow Automation and pipeline process flows 🙂

From a reporting perspective, this gets into an area where sometimes it makes sense to create a mock "duplicate" of the opportunity instead of moving it (if the user wants to report on the grant application pipeline as well as the grant management pipeline separately). For example win rate for grant applications.

If you're interested in how to do this, you can read more about it in this thread here:

https://community.copper.com/workflow-automation-34/how-are-you-using-workflow-automation-146?postid=311#post311

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

So funny enough, so many of our customers (Crypto, Accelerator, and VC) have all had a need for managing their grant process, with Copper at the core. That we actually built a specific solution for companies that are managing applications or distributing grants.

It uses Copper (as the foundation) 🚀 Airtable as the form + data review dashboard + Ironclad for the contracts. Super proud to share it here:

Copper Grant / Application Solution