Solved

Email Merge - only one contact?

• 14 December 2022
  • 5 replies

• New Participant
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to send a bulk email, but Copper chooses only the first contact in an account, not my actual contact I’m trying to email. Is there a better way to do this? 

On the Companies tab, I filtered to companies owned by me. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by alex 14 December 2022, 21:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

It is always going to email the primary contact tied to the company. So if it’s not emailing the right person, either make that person the primary contact at the company, or filter down people to the list you’d like to email.

Okay, not the answer I was hoping for, but at least gives me a new plan - thank you! 

How do I change the primary contact? I’m trying to do this for 340 accounts. It is choosing the first person in alphabetical order by default. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Soooooo, another answer you’re not likely going to like 😅

Pretty sure if you remove all contacts from the company, the first one you add becomes the “primary” contact.

Wish Copper made it function similarly to how Opportunities work (giving you an option on the left-hand-side to select the primary contact).

@Michelle from Copper any chance there’s any other way to do this outside of removing everyone from the company each time you want to change the “primary contact” (of whom will get emailed)?

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @RCAI, thank you for posting. I can confirm that what @alex said is correct; to change the Primary Contact on a Company, you would have to remove the contacts and add the new Primary Contact back first.

I agree this is not ideal. I’m going to forward this thread to the Product Team as feedback.

Thank you both for taking the time to answer my question!