Question

Commission Automation

• 28 April 2022
  • 1 reply

I followed the instructions for the commission calculator in Workflow Automations, adjusting it to my own needs, when I put in the formula used, I changed “Commission Rate” to “Revenue Split” since that is the name of the field I have (Field key = Rev_Split) but...it came back with an error titled

Unsupported Variable: [‘monetary_value’]

What is monetary_value supposed to be representing in this workflow recipe? I don’t see it mentioned anywhere else in the doc: “Example Workflow Automation: calculating commision”

The point of this automation is to make “Prep Revenue” = 50% of “Contract Price”

50% is represented by “Revenue Split”

Attached are screenshots of the error when entered as-is in the Copper Example, and the error when I changed “monetary_value” to “Contract_Price”

TIA for your help!

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @Kelsea, thanks for posting! And thank you for the details and the screenshots - they’re very helpful.

I can see from your screenshots that you’re running this calculation on Projects. The article you’re referencing (Example Workflow Automation: calculating commision) is for doing the calculation on Opportunities. So we’ll need to make a couple of adjustments to make it work on Projects.

I’ll also edit that article to make it more clear it’s for Opportunities. :)

You asked:

What is monetary_value supposed to be representing in this workflow recipe? I don’t see it mentioned anywhere else in the doc: “Example Workflow Automation: calculating commision”

monetary_value represents the default Value field for an Opportunity. Since there’s no default Value field for Projects, it looks like you’re using a custom field called “Contract Price.” So you are correct that you need to replace monetary_value  with Contract_ Price . BUT! since Contract Price is a custom field you need to add the prefix cf_ . So you need to be using: cf_Contract_Price

Give it a try and let me know if it works!