Solved

Commission Automation

• 28 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I followed the instructions for the commission calculator in Workflow Automations, adjusting it to my own needs, when I put in the formula used, I changed “Commission Rate” to “Revenue Split” since that is the name of the field I have (Field key = Rev_Split) but...it came back with an error titled

Unsupported Variable: [‘monetary_value’]

What is monetary_value supposed to be representing in this workflow recipe? I don’t see it mentioned anywhere else in the doc: “Example Workflow Automation: calculating commision”

The point of this automation is to make “Prep Revenue” = 50% of “Contract Price”

50% is represented by “Revenue Split”

Attached are screenshots of the error when entered as-is in the Copper Example, and the error when I changed “monetary_value” to “Contract_Price”

TIA for your help!

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 29 April 2022, 16:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kelsea, thanks for posting! And thank you for the details and the screenshots - they’re very helpful.

I can see from your screenshots that you’re running this calculation on Projects. The article you’re referencing (Example Workflow Automation: calculating commision) is for doing the calculation on Opportunities. So we’ll need to make a couple of adjustments to make it work on Projects.

I’ll also edit that article to make it more clear it’s for Opportunities. :)

You asked:

What is monetary_value supposed to be representing in this workflow recipe? I don’t see it mentioned anywhere else in the doc: “Example Workflow Automation: calculating commision”

monetary_value represents the default Value field for an Opportunity. Since there’s no default Value field for Projects, it looks like you’re using a custom field called “Contract Price.” So you are correct that you need to replace monetary_value  with Contract_ Price . BUT! since Contract Price is a custom field you need to add the prefix cf_ . So you need to be using: cf_Contract_Price

Give it a try and let me know if it works!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kelsea, it’s been a while! Let me know if you have had a chance to make the adjustment to your workflow automation based on my previous reply. In the meantime I’m going to mark that response as Best Answer so that others can find it more easily.