Question

Checklist feature for repeatable tasks for each stage of pipeline??

• 25 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Where is the checklist feature for repeatable tasks for each stage of pipeline?? This is basic and a must for almost all industries 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi MStar, 

Not sure what you are looking for. The out of the box automation within Copper can be used to automate standard tasks within Copper. There workflows can be triggered based on pipeline stages. If you need more complex workflows or automate integration with other tools and platforms you may consider Zapier or have a look at three60.io where you can find a variety of workflow templates to be embedded in your Copper environment. 

Hi MStar, 

Not sure what you are looking for. The out of the box automation within Copper can be used to automate standard tasks within Copper. There workflows can be triggered based on pipeline stages. If you need more complex workflows or automate integration with other tools and platforms you may consider Zapier or have a look at three60.io where you can find a variety of workflow templates to be embedded in your Copper environment. 

Sry I thought what I was asking was clear. Let me state it more clearly : when a user clicks on a deal box, one of the subsections should have a bulleted checklist of tasks that always are in each deal depending on which stage the deal is in. These must be checked off by the user before the deal can be moved to the next stage. The user or admin would course pre populate these tasks for each stage on the setup. **note this not the same thing as creating individual tasks for each checklist item - not only is this time consuming but it doesn't present effectively for the user to easily see in one section the checkboxes required to move a deal along. Hope this helps clarify and if anyone in Copper could confirm if this is possible that would be great (as it will be a deal breaker for continuing with this crm). Thanks so much! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I don’t see this work out-of-the-box as Copper has no validation options at all to move opportunities from one stage to another. What you could do is create a section with custom field checkboxes for each stage where the tasks can be ticked of. If you really want to enforce the checks you can build a (Zapier) workflow that verifies the checkboxes when the opportunity goes into a new stage and reverts the stage if needed. It can also inform the owner on such action by creating a task or sending an email. I know it is a work around but I think it can work. Feel free to contact us at three60.io to discuss the solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @MStar, thanks for posting! Regarding your question about this feature:

when a user clicks on a deal box, one of the subsections should have a bulleted checklist of tasks that always are in each deal depending on which stage the deal is in. These must be checked off by the user before the deal can be moved to the next stage.

You can build a workflow automation that creates new tasks for each stage an opportunity enters. This is very similar to what you’re asking about with these key differences:

1. these task sets wouldn’t live in their own subsection; they would be included in the main list of tasks in the Related section of an opportunity
  2. The incomplete tasks would not prevent the opportunity from moving to the next stage.

As @Jaco Koppelaar mentioned, you could build something similar using a combination of custom fields/checkboxes (which you can arrange into subsections) and a workflow automation that moves the stage backward if any of those custom fields are not filled out. Happy to provide more specific guidance/instructions if you’d like to set this up.

Hope that helps!