Question

Can't get my workflow automation to trigger

• 31 March 2022
  • 3 replies

I created the following automation but cannot get it to trigger:

I’m sure I using the correct variable names.  It saves without error.  I have tried a number of variations but no triggering.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @DavidHir, I took a look behind the curtain and looks like the Trigger is fine but there’s a problem with the Action.

I suspect it’s because of the last trigger condition - for Primary Contact it looks for a record ID but what you have there creates a text name.

Also for Name - you don’t need to use GETVALUE , we have a native variable company_name .

Anyways, here’s what I recommend:

One more thing - in my testing, if I created a Person that wasn’t attached to a Company, the workflow automation did not trigger. If you haven’t already, I recommend you make Company a required field when creating a new Person.

You can do this at Settings > Customize > Manage Fields on Records > People > Record Creation Rules.

Let me know if that fixes it :) 

Thanks, finally got it to work.  One problem I was having is that I had the Related tab open.  When I created a new contact, it would show the related tab with 0 opportunities, even though it had successfully create the opportunity.  That’s a bug.  

… And yes, I understand the issue with Company.  I will work on that a little differently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@DavidHir glad it’s working! About the “0 Opportunities” - does it still show 0 after you refresh the page?

By the way, if you ever want to talk to someone live about workflow automation, we host a weekly Q&A session. 🙂