Question

add tasks to projects via workflow automation?

• 12 November 2022
  • 2 replies

• New Participant
  • 1 reply

Has anybody figured out a way to add tasks to projects via some sort of trigger? Our use case: different customers want to setup our product with different features enabled. Different feature-sets require different data gathering, setup and training tasks to complete. So, I would like to be able to tag a Project with the feature-set that’s going to be enabled and have it generate the relevant tasks for my team automatically based on that. 

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jawj, thanks for posting! So, based on what you’ve described, it sounds like Project Templates might actually be a better fit for what you’re trying to achieve. Project Templates are basically what you described - you create a Project with preset Tasks inside. And whenever you create a Project using that Template, it automatically duplicates the Tasks for you as well. So you could have a different Project Template for each feature-set.

When you open your Project list in Copper, look for the button for Add New Template and give it a try.

Let me know if that works for your use case!

Thanks Michelle! So it sounds like the answer is ‘no’ then. I already use templates to create the scaffolding, but unfortunately, thanks to the magic of permutations, having 6 individual features would require something like 63 templates to account for all of the permutations (assuming order of listing is irrelevant) so probably not the best solution.