Question

A New Company was Created when Adding to the Pipeline

• 9 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I added an opportunity to the Pipeline with a project name attached to a company. it appears that it also created a new company. How do I prevent that from happening?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Karen J, thanks for posting! That is certainly strange that a new company was created.

Is it possible that, while you were creating that project, you accidentally created a new Company instead of relating it to am existing one?

Or conversely, you accidentally created a new company when you were trying to relate an existing one? I’ve seen it happen when someone clicks “enter” a bit too quickly and inadvertently selects the “Create” option.

If you’re confident it wasn’t an accident, then it’s something that the technical team should take a look at. You can get in touch with them using the in-app messenger icon in the bottom right corner.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks Karen!

Thanks for your response! So possibly but when I looked at the activity for the opportunity and the new company, changes happened simultaneously in the correct company and current company. That’s the weird part. I do want to make sure that we can have multiple opportunities connected with a company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Karen J 

changes happened simultaneously in the correct company and current company. That’s the weird part

That is definitely weird! Generally, if it was a “mistake” you would see an update in the correct company or see a new company created. Not both. If you notice this happen again, I do recommend you reach out to our technical team so they help you dig further.

I do want to make sure that we can have multiple opportunities connected with a company.

You absolutely can! Under normal circumstances, one you add multiple opportunities to a company, it should look like this: