video

Creating & sending email templates [video]

• 15 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

4 replies

Are there plans for more robust template design & creation?

Even the features in this reply box might be a good addition.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@CRI Capital Advisors We have an open Idea for adding more formatting options to email templates - I recommend you upvote that thread so that we can @mention you in any updates. I don’t have any current status update for the time being so you best bet is upvoting the Idea. 👍

Michelle,

Can you insert your signature line in Email Templates, when I copy and paste and turn off the email signature line, it does not work. But when I copy and paste the signature line and turn on the signature line I get two signatures on my sent email. How can I fix this?  Today, I had both signature lines inserted in the template and turn on and only got a pdf box from the email that was sent as a sample to me.  Is this link broken? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dottie! You should have the “Use Gmail signature” option turned on OR add your signature in your template, but not both. This is because the “Use Gmail signature” option automatically grabs your Gmail signature and put it at the end of your email as it’s sending.

You can find this setting under Settings > Personal Preferences > Email Settings & Templates

For example, let’s say I have the “Use Gmail signature” setting turned on. Now I’m gonna send this email using an email template where I have NOT pasted my signature at the bottom. 

This is what the email looks like to the recipient. The system has automatically added my signature.

Long story short: turn “Use Gmail signature” on, and don’t include paste your signature into your email templates.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes!