Solved

Tracking Days Between Opportunity Created and Result - Reporting

• 27 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to track the number of days between opening an opportunity, and when that opportunity reaches a specific stage in a pipeline? I’ve figured out how to calculate the days between Open and Closed, but I’m really hoping to be able to track how long it takes an Opportunity to move from Open to reach Negotiations Started, or Negotiations Start to Won. 

icon

Best answer by alex 27 May 2021, 19:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @Emclark!

If you've managed to calculate the number of days between Open and Closed (using Workflow Automation), you can simply modify the trigger to be when opportunity is updated (specific fields) of Status = Open AND Stage = Negotiation Started.

Then the formula you'd use would pass over to a custom field (number format) with the formula:

DAYS(date_created,date_stage_changed)

This should give you the number of days from the date the opportunity was created to it reaching the stage you set in the trigger step. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi @alex!

I’m actually trying to add this metric to my Reporting Dashboard - would I still have to use Workflow Automations to calculate this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @Emclark - you got it. To use this metric with the reports area, you need to create the custom field and then build out the Workflow Automation with the above formula, and that’ll generate the number of days within the custom field upon moving to that stage.

From there, in the reporting area, you’re going to want to go to settings > opportunities, and add the “days to negotiation” or whatever you name the custom field to the report syncing area:

Then:

From there, you’ll have that metric added to the Reports area.

There’s no way for Copper Reports to know the time it takes from creation to it moving to a specific stage in the process without generating it via the Workflow Automation area and logging it in as a metric within an Opportunity custom field.

We just build out some robust functionality like this for a client of ours, to track the days-in-stage for every stage in the opportunity pipeline, but we have to rely on this type of logic to make it work.

Maybe it will be possible in the future with reports once they eventually support “days-in-stage”, though even when they do that, not sure you’ll be able to specifically calculate the number of days from “Created” to a specific stage, unless you roll up all of those numbers into a single number.

@Andrew S - any chance that @Emclark’s specific use-case will eventually be supported? It would essentially require them being able to have a days-in-stage for an opportunity, and then adding up all of those days-in-stage for the first, say 5 stages to get a number, to determine “From Created to Negotiation” stage.