Question

Reports - Adding "Company" Metric Custom Field alongside an Opportunity

• 7 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I am looking to create a Table report with this general setup:

But I find that I am unable to display a numeric custom field as a row to the right of an opportunity.

I was hoping that metric custom fields related to companies could be used when an opportunity is also a row, Copper would look up the CF value from the company set for the opportunity?

Thank you,

Paul

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @PH_01 ,

Thank you for submitting your question to the Copper Community!

Please let me know if I am understanding your question correctly, you are looking to create a table that includes a custom Company metric field, and Opportunity fields.

Yes, you are able to combine Company Fields and Opportunity Fields of data together into the same table. In order to include a Custom Field, you’ll need to add it in through Reports “Configure Custom Fields” settings.

I’ve outlined how to add in a Custom Company Field below. I highly recommend attending the Copper Weekly Reporting Q&A Webinar for Reports setup questions. Here you can work directly with our reporting expert to set-up the insight live in your Copper.

How to add in a Custom Company Field:

1. Navigate to Reports → Configure Custom Fields (Gear icon in the upper right)

2. Navigate to Companies → Metric Fields → Add a Field

3. Add in the custom Metric field.
  4. Wait ~24 hours for Copper Reports to update and begin pulling the new field in.
  5. Create a custom insight including the custom field field.

Best,

Chris

Hello Chris,

I appreciate your reply. I found that I had to drag this metric to the Insight FIRST:

..otherwise it isn’t available to select if I start building the Insight with Opportunity fields first.

Second I HAD to drag in Opportunity ID, and then thirdly I was able to drag in Opportunity name.
The goal is to just have opportunity name and the CF field pictured above, but after doing the sequence just described if I remove Opportunity ID, then I get this:

Paul.

Hello @Chris from Copper, wondering about my last message?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @PH_01,

After reviewing with our Reporting Expert, currently opportunity metrics can be sliced by company attributes but company metrics cannot be sliced by opportunity metrics. This means that you will need to start building the metrics with the Opportunity Metrics and add the Company Attribute, as you shared above.

For tailored assistance, I highly recommend attending our Weekly Reporting Q&A, here you can work with our reporting expert live to troubleshoot or setup an alternative insight for your report.

Thank you!

Hi @PH_01,

After reviewing with our Reporting Expert, currently opportunity metrics can be sliced by company attributes but company metrics cannot be sliced by opportunity metrics. This means that you will need to start building the metrics with the Opportunity Metrics and add the Company Attribute, as you shared above.

For tailored assistance, I highly recommend attending our Weekly Reporting Q&A, here you can work with our reporting expert live to troubleshoot or setup an alternative insight for your report.

Thank you!

Hello @Chris from Copper , how I began was with a Company “fact” (the numeric custom field), does that align with the sequence you gave in your message?

Thank you,

Paul