Solved

How to build Insight of Opp with a value and length of stage

• 21 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • Engaged User
  • 30 replies

I am trying to create an insight that will show an Opportunity at the different stages and their value and what length of time they have been at that stage. 

Is that possible? 

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 25 January 2022, 17:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jodi, I’m just checking if we have an existing article or video for the report you’re asking about. Hang tight!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jodi we didn’t have any existing articles so here’s a video for you!

Broadly, the steps are:

1. Create a field to store the # of days in stage,
  2. Create a workflow automation to populate the days in stage and refresh it daily, and
  3. Pull that field into the reporting system.

Here is the formula I used in the workflow automation for days in stage:

DAYS(date_stage_changed,CURRENTDATE())

And here’s a list of all default variables and functions.

You asked a separate question about Inactive Days. For that, you would follow the exact same steps of creating a field, creating a workflow automation, and then pulling it into the reporting system. But you would use a slightly different formula in the workflow automation action:

DAYS(date_last_contacted,CURRENTDATE())

We run weekly Q&A sessions for both reporting and workflow automation. They’re great options if you’d like some live help!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Michelle from Copper Thank you for both of those answers and the video tutorial, very helpful as I was able to create the first Days at Stage need, but of course have to wait to pull into the report. I will look at the inactive days set up the same way. 

Thank you for those Q&A sessions, I can’t make the Reports one tomorrow (wish I really could - I have more reports questions). Will try to attend next week. 

I will also look at workflow automation for some needs we might have also. 

You are always so helpful and quick to respond, I really appreciate that!

Jodi

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jodi glad I could help! Let me know if you have any questions, especially after the field get pulled into your reporting system.

If tomorrow’s reporting session doesn’t work for you, you can also join our Ask-an-expert session on Thursdays. There’s no set topic for that one so you can bring both your reporting questions and your workflow automation questions.