Question

Flighting Revenue To Reflect Accurate Pipeline Distribution

• 16 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Team - 

I am trying to get a handle on how flight revenue correctly in the pipeline feature.  For example, if i close a deal that is to run revenue over a period of six months, I want revenue to reflect in each of these 6 months and not all in the month the deal closed.  Is there a way to flight how the revenue gets recognized in the pipeline?  Surely I am not the only one to have asked this question…..support BOT was not helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Holly

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @obeking, thanks for posting! It sounds like you’re referring to a payment structure with monthly instalments for a set term - is that correct?

Our built-in reporting feature doesn’t support instalment/subscription payments. I recommend building this report in Google Sheets with our Google Sheets add-on.

Essentially, you would have two tabs in your Google Sheet: one with exported data (populated/refreshed by our Google Sheets Add-on), and one with your report with formulas that reference that export sheet. Here is a sample report (download link) that shows the revenue per calendar month for each Opportunity. Just note that you will need to have a custom field for the contract term.

By the way, we run a weekly live reporting Q&A on Wednesdays!

Anyways, I hope that helps a bit!