Solved

Will my custom fields appear in the Copper Custom Report Builder (Google Sheet Add-on)

I’m trying to use the Custom Report Builder to create a pivot table analyzing data contained in custom fields that I created days ago. 

Which columns appear in Custom Fields exports made using the Google Sheets Add-On? How often do these columns update?  What dictates the order in which columns appear in the export?

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 19 May 2021, 17:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi MMellon! Yes, your custom fields can be pulled through the Google Sheets add-on. To answer your questions specifically:

Which columns appear in Custom Fields exports made using the Google Sheets Add-On?

All of them! The Google Sheets add-on will pull all default and custom fields for your records.

How often do these columns update?

They’ll update whenever you press the refresh button in the G Sheet add-on (see screenshot below).

What dictates the order in which columns appear in the export?

Default fields will appear first, followed by custom fields. The custom fields will appear in order of most recently created. So your newer custom fields will appear towards the front while your older ones will be at the end of the sheet.

I hope that helps!

Hi Michelle, 

Thanks for the reply and explanation. None of the custom fields that I created last week are appearing when I follow the process above. Those fields do appear in Copper and in the Reporting Dashboard, but they aren’t showing up in this export. Similarly, Custom Fields that I deleted last week (some that I deleted two weeks ago) are still showing up. I’ve refreshed the data several times but am still seeing old custom fields and not seeing new ones. Any ideas? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi Michelle, 

Thanks for the reply and explanation. None of the custom fields that I created last week are appearing when I follow the process above. Those fields do appear in Copper and in the Reporting Dashboard, but they aren’t showing up in this export. Similarly, Custom Fields that I deleted last week (some that I deleted two weeks ago) are still showing up. I’ve refreshed the data several times but am still seeing old custom fields and not seeing new ones. Any ideas? 

Hi MMellon, are you refreshing the data in an existing export? It sounds like you set up the Google Sheets export, then changed your custom fields, then hit refresh - is that the case?

If so, I recommend creating a new separate export with the add-on. This is because the list of fields is established when you first set up an export. So if you’ve deleted or added any fields since then, you won’t see those changes reflected.

Give it a try and let me know if that works. :)

That appears to have done the trick. Thanks Michelle!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@MMellon fantastic! I’m marking my response as Best Answer so that others can find it easily. Please feel free to post any other questions and welcome to the Community!