Question

Report - Average Sales Cycle length

• 3 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I would like to monitor for each opportunity the number of days between date opportunity is created and date opportunity is won, then to track the average number of days of our sales cycle for a given quarter, and see the evolution over time of this metric.

I have tried to automate the update of an opportunity field once the opportunity is won, but I’m a bit stuck.

Can anyone help me on that?

Thanks a lot!

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Camille,

Thank you for submitting your question to our Copper Community! 

By utilizing a custom field, and workflow automation you can measure Days to Close for your opportunities, and this information can be viewed in a report.

I’ve included a link to our step-by-step guide and steps to follow below. I highly recommend attending our Weekly Reporting Q&A & Workflow Automation Q&A webinars for Reporting and Workflow Automation setup guidance.

Step-by-step guide to setup and report on “Days to Close”

Set Up

• Create a New Opportunity Field

• Days to Close - Number Field

• Include the field on all pipeline you would like to measure Days to Close.

• Workflow Automation

• If you have an existing WFA when an Opportunity is Won and Loss, then add an update action

• To Update Days to Close

• Most accurate is to use the Close Date when the Opportunity is closed use this - Update Opportunity - Days to Close - Use formula - DAYS(date_created,close_date)

• If you are worried about the Rep not setting the close date, you can use this to use Today’s Date - Update Opportunity - Days to Close - Use formula - DAYS(date_created,CURRENTDATE())

bgczdV_1pZuy4CW0YhtNQMwuBazAnCc_DjjRrlTi7fXdOYp90VAXJthViUympYgr3M7KMlsiQTcUnW1UWxRfijlIlEGRISt6zcz6fo4NY_93x4bFz0VaUcLqL9z_Be7isx89eIGfbfo3ZNmLF97WSlMl6mppMUtSjlk6y5aXYCQiQTwO9qVhDFIORw

Reporting

• You can use different type of reports to display this information, but we will use the table

• Set Up

• Rows

• Opp Owner

• Opp Name

• Opp Pipeline

• Status

• Date (Opp Created At)

• Date (Opp Closed At)

• Measure

• Days to Close 

• Click on Days to Close Column Header

• Click on the 3 horizontal lines

• Click Avg

• Click within Opp Owner

• Filter

• Opp Status (To choose Won or Loss or Both)

• Opp Pipeline

• Opp Owner

9G1_vtJeG2rSZ30HNTvuYIWfluJYqvjCfSbfTiDteUjRxEAPp-IpIMgneYfAvyKL3eCoHtd8TcMu7Bjbn4og7PpPZQk5hyLnsmMtXe4Vt8ghDSDSLwx1-blrE8XR76zLi4jM6mA7Kmz6_B08T1laiQ9jSSEBZX-H9JjU6Ye626qAA5MT3nKsH6gUag

Please let us know if you have any further questions, I highly recommend our weekly webinars for live setup support.

Thank you,

Chris

Hi @Chris from Copper,

Thanks a lot for your prompt answer. I did follow the steps for workflow creation. However, when building the report, I cannot find the “Days to close” field to be added in the metrics. Can you elaborate how to get it ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Camille

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Camille ,

No problem! Thank you, for the follow up!

To bring the Days to Close field into Reports, you’ll need to add the Field in Reports settings, then wait about 24 hours and the data will be available.

How to add in Days to Close:

1. Navigate to Reports → Configure Custom Fields (Gear icon in the upper right)

2. Navigate to Opportunities → Metric Fields → Add a Field

3. Add in the “Days to Close” field.
  4. Wait ~24 hours for Copper Reports to update and begin pulling the new field in.
  5. Create a custom insight including the Days to Close field.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best,

Chris

Thanks a lot @Chris from Copper ! Much appreciated! Should be ok now, just need to wait 24 hours.

Best,