Question

Pulling Basic Info on one single customer at a time

• 3 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Looking for some advice or direction on the following scenario, 

Situation: Currently we have someone that is copying and pasting information from Copper into a shared calendar event on google, 90% of the info is basic information like client name, company, phone number address, notes and related documents. This information is then printed and provided to our service team. 

Problem: There is a small margin of error in the copying and pasting as well the issue of the time this takes from an admin perspective.

Desired Solution: Looking for a “report” or other solution that grabs the desired information required from the specific customer and comes out in some printable form (sheets file, doc, email, calendar event, pdf etc.) that can be given to our service team.

Other important details: We are on the Gsuite product line. Most of our customers are one time customers with a single opportunity, occasionally there are multiple opportunities under one customer. 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Following, as I am here with the same question!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KyleTSS and @April Blue, it sounds like you’re asking about a way to export/print one contact or company at a time. Did I get that right?

You mentioned notes and related documents - we are actually not able to export those or include them in reports (maybe you can submit that as an Idea). So just keep that in mind when reviewing the suggestions below.

I’ll share two methods. I recommend using the first one, but feel free to explore both options.

Exporting from an Insight

This involves creating an Insight, adjusting the filter to show only the record you’re looking for, and then exporting it.

There’s a little bit of setup work the first time you do this. Then you can save it and simply adjust the filter for future exports.

First, you go to Reports > Insights Builder to start a new insight. (Note: you need to be a Copper admin to do this)

Drag and drop data pieces into the Rows area to add them to the table.

Next, create a filter on the insight. In the screenshot below, I’m using Company Name to filter the results in my table.

Once the filter’s in, apply your filter criteria. In the example below, I’m filtering it so that only information related to the company Alphabet will show.

Then go ahead and export.

Remember to save your insight so that you don’t have to do the setup piece next time.

Directly exporting one record

With this method you’re essentially exporting one single record from the system. To do this, you would:

1. Open your list of people/company/whichever record type
  2. Select the record you want to export
  3. Click the three dots near the top > Export List

But there are some downsides to this:

1. It will give you an xlsx file with all the fields in the system, so it will be quite wide and cluttered. You would need to do some formatting before you print.
  2. You have to do this from your list view, meaning you might have to spend some time scrolling for the record you need.

Anyways, let me know if that was helpful!

@Michelle from Copper Thanks for this! Will talk to my team about implementing this to see if it’s worth it. For the notes, we’d likely use a different customer field that we aren’t using. 

After I posted this I noticed that when you are on an opportunity it auto populates the title of the opportunity into the title of the meeting. Is there a way to grab more information about the customer/ opportunity into the description of the meeting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@KyleTSS Great, let me know if your team comes back with any questions.

As for your other question:

I noticed that when you are on an opportunity it auto populates the title of the opportunity into the title of the meeting. Is there a way to grab more information about the customer/ opportunity into the description of the meeting?

Just want to clarify you’re referring to when you create a calendar event using the + button under Calendar Events?

Currently we don’t have a way to pull additional info into the description of the calendar event. But that sounds really useful… If you submit that as an Idea, we can get it in front of the product team and notify you with any updates.

@Michelle from Copper you were correct on your assumption, thanks for confirming this! Idea submitted, much appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Perfect, thanks @KyleTSS! I saw your Idea so I’m putting the link here just in case other folks stumble upon this thread.  :thumbsup: