Question

Lead Tracking

• 5 February 2022
  • 3 replies

• New Participant
  • 4 replies

Is there a way to track incoming leads by the hour per day? I would like to see what time periods throughout the day we get the most traffic. As of now, the smallest increment of time on the reporting function is by the day. Could that be broken down even further?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @oliu, I believe that answer is no because our date field just date and not time. However, I’m going to ask my colleagues just in case there’s a workaround for this. Hang tight :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @oliu, I spoke to my colleagues about this. Unfortunately there’s no direct way to pull the time of Lead creation in to the reporting system. This has to do with the way the data is set up.

There might possibly be a way to do this using the API to split the time stamp from the date stamp, and then feeding that back into a separate custom Time of Creation field.

Do your Leads originate from a separate system (e.g. web form)? If so, I wonder if there’s a way to use that system to report on the time of submission.

Or, if you have Google Analytics set up for your website, you could possibly use that to track it. The benefit there is it can often give you bigger-picture info on how your website is performing. E.g. how many folks reach your Contact Us page vs. how many actually submit their contact info.

Thanks, Michelle! I’ll see if I can work something out.