Question

Is there a way to apply simultaneous attribute filters as ORs instead of ANDs?

• 22 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I am trying to filter one of our custom reports by Source (across both lead and opportunity records), but I’m having a hard time capturing the data I’m looking for.

The source field is not always updated on the lead record, sometimes it’s not changed until the record becomes an opportunity, so I can’t only use the Lead Source filter. If the source was updated on the lead record, it’s not updated again on the opportunity record, so I can’t use just the Opp Source filter. If I use the Lead Source and Opp Source filters together, it looks for a record that was updated as a lead AND updated as an opportunity record, which returns few or no results.

Is it possible to apply attribute filters using OR logic?: Lead Source = Referral OR Opp Source = Referral

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jlodge, thanks for posting! There is no function that would allow you to set “OR” logic within the filters for Reports. Ultimately, you would need a single reliable field to act as the  basis for your reporting.

You mentioned some challenges around updating sources, etc. Can I ask: in your current setup, do you allow someone to be a Lead and an Opportunity at the same time?

The reason I ask is because the system is designed to treat Leads as a precursor to Opportunities. So when you have someone who is both a Lead and an Opportunity at the same time, things can get tricky.

You also mentioned that “the source field is not always updated on the lead record” - is that issue caused by lack of data input from you/your reps? Or is it because you can’t identify the Source until later? If it’s a data input issue, I recommend setting the Source as a Required Field so taht you/your team have to enter it when creating the Lead.

You can set the Source to Required by going to Settings > Customize > Manage Fields on Records