Question

Drill down into pipeline projection

• 8 March 2022
  • 9 replies

I am looking for a way to show details about opportunities for open opps with close dates this quarter, and, importantly, have *the same view* of these details for everyone.

What I know so far: if you look at the pipeline itself, create a filter for status = open and close date = current quarter, you get the right content. However, when you select and rearrange columns so that only the info you want is shown, and in the order you want it, that view applies only to you. The next person who selects that filter (if you’ve saved it as a public filter) sees the content but not the arrangement and editing of columns. I need everyone to see the same columns in the same order.

Over in legacy reports, pipeline reports don’t allow a drill down with opportunity fields showing, it appears.

In the new reports, I don’t see a way to filter by close date.

Am I missing something? TIA

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @meganm, thanks for posting! Looks like your post was buried - I do apologize for this later-than-usual response.

You are correct that when you share a filter with another user, the columns don’t carry over to their view. I think that would be great to get that feedback in front of the product team. If you post that as an Idea, we can get the product managers to take a look.

As a workaround, you could use the new Reports to create that view.

With the new Reports, you can create a table (we call this an Insight) that shows various attributes of your Opportunities. And you can add filters so that it only displays Opps where Status = Open and Close Date = This quarter. Here’s an example:

Then when you share that report, they will see those same columns in that order. Just note, only Copper admins can directly access the reporting system. So for any non-admins you’d have to send them an export or schedule an automatic email for them.

The easiest way to get started is to use a template. Go to Reports > Add Dashboard > Start with a Template. I think the Sales Pipeline template might be a good starting point for you. Click here for a video with more information. Or click here for an overall video about the reporting system.

Oh and we also run a weekly live Q&A for reporting.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions. :)

Thank you. I have added the Idea. And the table at the bottom of the Opportunity Pipeline report does have the parameters I need. But my columns on that table are the same as yours: name, owner, pipeline name, stage, status, created date, close date. How can I get other columns in that table, and not see some of the ones there, i.e., how do I customize that table?

1. I’m over in the insights part now and I cannot find a way to filter by close date this Q. The date field I need is not available. What can I do here? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you. I have added the Idea. And the table at the bottom of the Opportunity Pipeline report does have the parameters I need. But my columns on that table are the same as yours: name, owner, pipeline name, stage, status, created date, close date. How can I get other columns in that table, and not see some of the ones there, i.e., how do I customize that table?

Hello @meganm,

If you don’t see the edit button on the right side of the screen when you’re in dashboards, make sure that your chrome/browser window is maximized. If you still cannot see the edit button, please try to zoom out by holding ‘CTRL’ and using your scroll wheel, or holding ‘CTRL’ and pressing the ‘-’ key. You should be able to see it then.

You can also add custom fields by c​licking the gear icon on the top right (in the image)​​​​​​.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I’m over in the insights part now and I cannot find a way to filter by close date this Q. The date field I need is not available. What can I do here? 

You can filter by “Opp Closed At” and then set the time period that you need to set in the next drop-down. If you need to set a specific date, please choose the “Static Period” option to choose specific dates. Hope that helps!

Static Period for specific dates.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, or need me to clarify anything.

Otherwise have a wonderful rest of your week!

That tip on the Insights is helpful, thank you. Where this was confusing was that “Opp Closed At” on its face seems to imply that the Opp has closed. I am actually specifically looking for Open Opportunities. Good to know that “Opp Closed Date” grabs from “Close Date” whether the opportunity is Won or not.

Userlevel 2
Badge

That tip on the Insights is helpful, thank you. Where this was confusing was that “Opp Closed At” on its face seems to imply that the Opp has closed. I am actually specifically looking for Open Opportunities. Good to know that “Opp Closed Date” grabs from “Close Date” whether the opportunity is Won or not.

Hey @meganm,

For specifically Open Opportunities, you are able to use the Dashboards tab, filter for the Opp Status as shown in the image below, and then set your date range to whatever you wish for it to be.

​​​
If you want to do the same thing in Insights, you are able to expand Opportunities on the left side, drag “Opp Status” to the filters, and make sure only “Open” is checked.

Hope that helps 🙂!

All makes sense. 

In a report, is there a way to move the metric columns from being the last columns on the far right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @meganm, unfortunately we don’t have a way to move the metric columns right now. If you’d like to get that feedback in front of the product team, I recommend posting it as an Idea. Thanks Megan!