Solved

Creating a Conversion Report

Hello All, 

I have my system set up as “leads” (those I am trying to reach) and “people” (those I have reached and converted).  I would like to create a report and I have 2 seats (users).  For this report, I would like to have it show the conversion to people broken down to those that have been lost, won or abandoned for each seat. Since I have the professional version the person who was helping me said I should create an insight since the dashboard could only do this in the professional version.  However, I really am not visualizing the best way to do this.  TIA for the guidance!

icon

Best answer by Natalie from Copper 6 May 2022, 19:49

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kelly is Here, thanks for posting! I’ve asked my colleague to help you out - she’ll post here shortly.

In the meantime, would you mind clarifying a few things? You mentioned statuses for “won, lost, and abandoned” - are you referring to statuses on Opportunities?

When you convert a Lead to a Person, do you create the Opportunity at the same time? Or are you creating the Opportunity later on?

Thanks so much Kelly :) Great username btw 👍

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Kelly is Here ,

I created a quick video for you on how I would initially approach this. Please review this video and let me know if you have any further questions or would looking for additional details. 

Thank you,

Natalie Stambro

Hello Michelle!

Thank you for your response and yes my system is set up that when I convert a lead to a person it also creates an opportunity at the same time.  Then I go into opportunities (pipeline) and determine if the opportunity was won, lost, or just abandoned.  I am not sure if there is a way to also do this when I convert the lead to a person so I have been doing it after the conversion in the pipeline.  

My overall goal is that i would like to know the conversion rates for seat 1 and seat 2 as individuals (and a total in nice too) in each category, most important being a total count of the won vs anything else.  

If you think there is a better way to track this please recommend.  

Thank you for the help I really appreciate it!  

Haha, just my attempt at being creative, thanks!

Kelly

Hi Natalie!

OH THANK YOU for the video!  Just seeing your response and I am going to be following along now to see if this creates what I need,  SO appreciate it!

Kelly

Natalie!

That video was a perfect explanation for what I am trying to do and explaining “t” and “f” was very helpful.  

So just to verify one last thing.  Seat 2 has not started but will soon so I only see my values right now.  When they start converting leads will it automatically show in this created report or is there another value I need to add?  Based on your video I am going with the thought process that once they create an opportunity it will show them on the report just like you showed a team on yours.

Thank you!

Kelly

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Kelly is Here You are correct! That is exactly right, in this example, any user marked as the owner of an opportunity that was converted from a Lead will automatically show up in the report. No other edits need to be made. 🎉

Don’t hesitate to send any other questions my way as you get this set up! 

Thank you,

Natalie Stambro

Hello @Natalie from Copper and @Michelle from Copper

I have a followup question.  So I may need to change the information on the conversion report from “owner”  to “team member” or even owners and team members.  How do I change this to see the success of each team member? I have it set up at 1 user but 2 team members and may add more team members before I add more owners.

Thank you,

Kelly