Question

Conversion Time Report

• 29 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Looking to generate a report that lets me know the amount of time from when a lead is create to the time they make a purchase/become a person/won

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @jaypi, thank you for submitting your question.

Copper does not capture time to close information by default, but you can create a custom field and automation to capture this information on an Opportunity. This is limited to the Opportunity record type, so I recommend converting your lead to an opportunity as soon as possible to measure. Please see below Michelle from Copper’s an answer on how to capture time to close for an opportunity.

Hi @jtagliaferro, thanks for posting! To clarify, are you looking for the average time from open to close, or the average time an opportunity spent in each stage?

If it’s the average time for each stage, then go ahead and follow the steps in the video below; it walks you through building a report of average days in a stage after you’ve build those workflow automations.

Note: the sounds is not great on that one, so I recommend turning on the captions.

If you need the average days from the day of the Opportunity’s creation all the way to its close, you’ll want to make sure you have a custom field and workflow automation to fill that information in. It sounds like you have automations for filling out the days in a specific stage - this automation is very similar, except it counts the entire lifecycle of the opportunity rather than just one particular stage.

Once you have that set up, follow the same steps in the video below. Except drag and drop the field for Days from Open to Close, rather than the fields for each individual stage.

Let me know if that makes sense!