Question

Does Copper have email broadcast capabilities?

• 11 December 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m new to Copper and am curious if I can set-up Copper as an email broadcast tool, along with a newsletter opt-in on my website.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Helpful tips from Tech Support for anyone else looking to do bulk email marketing with Copper:

thanks for reaching out to Copper. If you are sending emails to 3,500 contacts per month, I would suggest creating a custom email list by creating a custom field. You will need to do Update Records on Import to update all of the records at once or you will have to manually select each record to create this list. Select the first 200 > Edit Detail > Find the custom field and choose Email List 1.

Here's a sample of how to create a custom email list. Just go to Settings > Customize > Manage fields on records > Create Field.

Choose the Dropdown field and name the field "Email List" then add the options like List 1, List 2, and List 3.

After creating the field, You will need to do Update Records on Import to update all of the records at once or you will have to manually select each record to create this list. Select the first 200 > Edit Detail > Find the custom field and choose List 1.

You will have to do this now but for future bulk emails, you will just use the tag filter or the custom field you created. 

We do also have a feature called Marketing Tools/Email Sequence that can send bulk emails. But it is automatically based on what trigger you set up. But this is only available to the business plan. You can check this article. Marketing Tools: Creating and Sending Sequences

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @BryanH,  glad our support team was able to help you! I’ll add that it’s quite common to add another checkbox for whether they’ve opted out of communications. That way when you send out your bulk email, you can filter out anybody who has unsubscribed.

As the support team mentioned, you can only send 200 bulk emails in one go. This is because the system sends those emails on behalf of your actual email (as opposed to a third-party email platform). Long-term this helps prevent your emails from being marked as spam, but it can also become difficult to manage if your list is a lot bigger than 200. You would have to send the bulk emails in batches.

You mentioned a newsletter opt-in on your website. You could have any new submissions flow directly into Copper with their respective newsletter selected. How you achieve this depends on your webform - what tool did you use to build it? If you provide a little detail I can give you more tailored info.

Hope that helps!