Question

Xero integration

• 8 March 2022
  • 5 replies

• New Participant
  • 2 replies

Is there a way to feed quotes from Xero into opportunities within Copper? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AshP! The answer is yes, through our native integration with Xero. The integration adds an areas called “Xero” under the Related section of your Opportunities / Companies / People which displays info on the Xero invoices (invoice number, due date, status, balance, etc).

You can set this up by going to Settings > Integrations > Xero. There’s more detailed information in this article.

Let me know if that’s helpful :slight_smile:

Hi Michelle,

Was actually more interested to see if the quotes I create in Xero can automatically flow or even create an opportunity in Copper.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@AshP Ah, I see. Basically, Xero is the starting point so you’d want a new Xero quote to automatically update or generate an Opportunity in Copper. Let me know if I got that right.

Our native integration does not support that, but you can build your own no-code automation with Zapier.

For example, you could set it up so that each time a new quote is generated in Xero, it:

1. Checks if that Xero contact exists in Copper
  2. If they do exist in Copper, create a new Opportunity
  3. If they don’t exist in Copper, create that contact and also create a new Opportunity

Zapier is great for building these sorts of automations. Just keep in mind it is a separate platform with a separate subscription fee (although they have a free tier as well).

Some folks prefer to build their own integrations using our developer API.

Let me know your thoughts on these options :slight_smile:

Hi Michelle,

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. 

Is there anyone within Copper that can help with this if we use Zapier? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@AshP we have some weekly Q&As where you can get help with a Zapier connection. I’ll put the links below.

Kevin, who hosts those sessions, is really quite good with Zapier so you’ll be in good hands.

Zapier also has a support team who can help, although I don’t believe there’s an option to talk live with someone.

And, if you have a bit of budget, we can connect you with professional service provider who could set that up for you. Let me know if you’re interested in that option.

I’d recommend poking your head into Zapier and seeing how far you can get. Broadly, you would want to:

1. Start a free trial or free account
  2. Connect Xero and Copper to Zapier. Inside Zapier, you should see a section for “My Apps”. Inside there’s an option for “Add Connection”
  3. Create an automation by clicking Create Zap. Your Trigger (step 1) would be Xero - New Quote. Your action (step 2) would be Copper - Create/Update Opportunity. It will ask you to fill in some details, such as how it should name any new Opportunities that get created.

If you get stuck while you’re setting up the Zap I’m also happy to help through this thread - just upload a screenshot of what you have so far and let me know the road-blocker.

Thanks Ash!