Solved

Using a different SMTP server

• New Participant
  • 0 replies

Hi,

We are using Office 365 at the moment. Is there a way to use Office 365 SMTP server to send email? We like the CRM but I don’t seem to be able to find settings to change SMTP server.

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 10 May 2022, 16:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jos, thanks for posting! To be honest, we are focused on Google more than anything else, so we don’t have a way to integrate directly with Microsoft/Office 365.

But we do offer a BCC address to automatically sync any emails that you send through Office 365. Couple of notes on that:

1. It will only sync emails that you send, not receive
  2. You’ll need to set up an auto-BCC in your Office 365 / Outlook settings
  3. You will not be able to send emails directly from within Copper

Each user has their own auto-BCC address. You can find yours at Settings > Personal Preferences > Email Settings & Templates > Copper mailbox

Hope that helps :) 

Hi!

have you explored a partnership with any other tool to make work the full product even when us (clients) use 365?

My team is split in using 20% Google based and 80% 365 Microsoft as STMP and I don’t want to lose all these precious data we have created over the years of collaboration with you.

Can you please let us know if there is any third party company that might be official with you?
I found this:

https://zapier.com/apps/copper/integrations/office-365

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Aditi-ShantiHospitality! We don’t have a partnership with Office 365 on the radar for the foreseeable future due to our focus on Google Workspace.

That Zapier link you shared - that’s for is you want to build a no-code integration. You can use it to integrate Copper with 2000+ other platforms, and it looks like Office 365 is one of them. I’ve taken a quick look at the actions and triggers available for Office 365 in Zapier. It looks like they don’t have a way to register inbound emails, so you would be left in the same place as if you used the Copper’s BCC link - having outbound/sent emails logged, but not the inbound/received ones

We have paid professional service providers who can build custom integrations for our customers. If you’re interested, I can check if there’s someone who can build one for Copper <> Office 365/Outlook. Let me know if you’d like to explore that path.

Hi Michelle, 

we don’t want to lose the integration as we have now,  but the company is migrating the workspace into 365 Microsof, so we need to foresee solutions. 
Can you offer more details on:

We have paid professional service providers who can build custom integrations for our customers. If you’re interested, I can check if there’s someone who can build one for Copper <> Office 365/Outlook. Let me know if you’d like to explore that path.

Does it comes with a cost?